[Freeipa-users] Do I need to install FreeIPA?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Oct 22 20:06:04 UTC 2010

  Hi all,

I have a server running 389, DNS (bind) with DHCP (dynamic dns), Samba
(Domain Controller), httpd for Wiki and a Koji instance, and Cobbler for
network installing RHEL. It runs everything great right now for Fedora
and Windows clients and it is easy to admin with the 389 console or
Webmin for the other things.

I looked at FreeIPA and it seems to be just a fancy front-end to
configure those same tools. What benefits would I see if I installed
FreeIPA given my server config above?

Thanks,
Michael

P.S. I attempted to install it but I ran into a dependency conflict with
mod_ssl. I require that for Koji, so there seems to be a problem there.