[Freeipa-users] IPA AD Sync error

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 13:16:51 UTC 2010

Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
> [...]
> LDAPTLS_CACERT=/path/to/adcacert.asc ldapsearch -d 1 -x -h
> fqdn.of.ad.hostname -p 389 -Z -s base -b ""
>
> _Output:_
>
> [root at saprhds001 ~]#
> LDAPTLS_CACERT=/etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYDOMAIN-COM/sbpaddc003.cer
> ldapsearch -d 1 -x -h sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad
> <http://sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad> -p 389 -Z -s base -b ""
> ldap_create
> ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap://sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad:389
> <ldap://sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad:389/>)
> ldap_extended_operation_s
> ldap_extended_operation
> ldap_send_initial_request
> ldap_new_connection 1 1 0
> ldap_int_open_connection
> ldap_connect_to_host: TCP sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad:389
> <http://sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad:389>
> ldap_new_socket: 3
> ldap_prepare_socket: 3
> ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 10.8.27.22:389 <http://10.8.27.22:389>
> ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 3 tm: -1 async: 0
> ldap_open_defconn: successful
> ldap_send_server_request
> ber_scanf fmt ({it) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt ({) ber:
> ber_flush: 31 bytes to sd 3
> ldap_result ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1
> wait4msg ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1 (infinite timeout)
> wait4msg continue ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1 all 1
> ** ld 0x1aa8c6f0 Connections:
> * host: sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad
> <http://sbpaddc003.corp.mydomain.ad>  port: 389  (default)
>   refcnt: 2  status: Connected
>   last used: Tue Sep 21 10:23:41 2010
> ** ld 0x1aa8c6f0 Outstanding Requests:
>  * msgid 1,  origid 1, status InProgress
>    outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
> ** ld 0x1aa8c6f0 Response Queue:
>    Empty
> ldap_chkResponseList ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1 all 1
> ldap_chkResponseList returns ld 0x1aa8c6f0 NULL
> ldap_int_select
> read1msg: ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1 all 1
> ber_get_next
> ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 40 contents:
> read1msg: ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1 message type extended-result
> ber_scanf fmt ({eaa) ber:
> read1msg: ld 0x1aa8c6f0 0 new referrals
> read1msg:  mark request completed, ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1
> request done: ld 0x1aa8c6f0 msgid 1
> res_errno: 0, res_error: <>, res_matched: <>
> ldap_free_request (origid 1, msgid 1)
> ldap_parse_extended_result
> ber_scanf fmt ({eaa) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (a) ber:
> ldap_parse_result
> ber_scanf fmt ({iaa) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (x) ber:
> ber_scanf fmt (}) ber:
> ldap_msgfree
> TLS trace: SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
> TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
> TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
> TLS certificate verification: depth: 0, err: 20, subject:
> /CN=SBPADDC003.Corp.MYDOMAIN.AD <http://SBPADDC003.Corp.MYDOMAIN.AD>,
> issuer: /DC=AD/DC=MYDOMAIN/DC=Corp/CN=Corp-SAPDHCP001-CA
> TLS certificate verification: Error, unable to get local issuer
Unable to get local issuer certificate?  Is the adcacert.asc file the
actual CA cert in ascii/pem/base64 format from the AD CA?  Do you have
more than one CA or subordinate CAs?  If so, you may need to have the
entire CA cert chain in the file.

If you are sure that adcacert.asc is from the AD CA, then try adding
TLS_CACERT /path/to/adcacert.asc to your ~/.ldaprc file and try the
above ldapsearch again.

Let's see what the subject and issuer are in the CA cert:
openssl x509 -in /path/to/adcacert.asc -text