[Freeipa-users] Unable to start IPA server after server reboot

Ondrej Valousek ondrejv at s3group.cz
Tue Aug 2 13:42:59 UTC 2011

Hi Rob,
It was just "polaris" - so I tried:
[root at polaris etc]# hostname polaris.example.com

and it started working - Magic!
That means that we rely on the fact that hostname is set to FQDN, right? Isn't it too strong requirement?
Maybe we should guess FQDN using reverse lookups I do not know. The bottom line is that at least the IPA installation script should warn
about the incorrect hostname.

And the error message was bit confusing as well, because from that one none can even guess what went wrong, I even tried to add 'ipactl -d
start' to print more debugging, but it did not help either.

Just trying to bring some ideas, otherwise I am happy that it is working again for me :-)
Thanks!

Ondrej

On 02.08.2011 15:18, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Is your hostname set to polaris.example.com or polaris (check /etc/sysconfig/network).
>
> What we search for is cn=$FQDN,cn=masters,cn=etc
>
> That explains the matched part. It matched everything except the hostname.
>
> rob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.
Silicon and Software Systems Limited (S3 Group). Registered in Ireland no. 378073.
Registered Office: South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18