[Freeipa-users] Is it possible FreeIPA for Web Apps SingleSignOn like CAS?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 16:31:09 UTC 2011

On 08/04/2011 11:07 AM, Kiran Patil wrote:
>> Which CAS server implementation you are using?
>>
>> --
>> Thank you,
>> Dmitri Pal
>>
>> Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,
>> Red Hat Inc.
>>
> Sorry, I picked the subject from one of the earlier thread of FreeIPA user list.
>
> Right now we are evaluating different solutions.
>
> We found that FreeIPA project interesting, which provides all in one
> solution which is backed by Redhat and community members.
>
> I have also seen a enhancement request of SAML in FreeIPA
> (https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1275).
>
> I wanted to know, since
> RapidNoreapeat(https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2011-July/msg00103.html)
> has raised this question earlier, that he is succeeded in implementing
> the solution.

There was no follow up on this so what I am specifically interested is
how CAS server integrates with external servers. Does it have some sort
of pluggable interface like PAM? Even if it does it is probably
implementation specific. So is it just a configuration issue to
configure the auth sources or auth providers like IPA have to actually
build a special provider module?
If it is a config issue it might be something that we can try and
document as a solution. If it requires development I want to understand
what is the cost and benefits. It is unclear how widely CAS is used in
general and is there one most popular implementation that we should
focus on in future.