[Freeipa-users] Limiting group/user visibility

Lassi Pölönen lassi.polonen at iki.fi
Fri Dec 9 12:51:46 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-08 17:36, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Lassi Pölönen wrote:

Actually it seems to be possible to assign roles to host groups as well.
Just not from Identity -> Host groups. IPA Server -> RBAC -> Roles has
the option though.

> Unless you need per-object acis you can probably simplify the filter
> to cover the entire DIT by dropping the target and using just the
> targetfilter.
>
> I'd recommend verifying that data doesn't leak via schema compat if
> you have that enabled.
>
> rob

Looks like dropping the target prevents a user from logging in, so
apparently there's some entries that need to be accessible other than
those labeled with memberOf <role>. One additional thing came in to my
mind: user private groups probably need to be accessible as well. At
least by default there doesn't seem to be a way to assign the same role
for those as well.