[Freeipa-users] certificate verify failed - WinSync strangeness - ipa-server-1.2.2-0

dont at killbrad.com dont at killbrad.com
Wed Jan 12 18:03:59 UTC 2011

Ok, so the ipa-server-certinstall script seems to be where things did not
work as I perhaps expected them to.

I manually put the certificates in the dirsrv cert db, and the web interface
cert db.  The ipa-replica-manage uses replication.py, which is declaring

CACERT="/usr/share/ipa/html/ca.crt"

It looks like this is where the error is being caused.  The certification
there is still the original "IPA Test Certificate Authority".  If I point it
to the DigiCertCA.crt (which should work), OR the AD-ca.crt file, I get the
same error as originally mentioned when running 'ipa-replica-manage list'.
If I comment out the CACERT variable it does as expected:  unexpected error:
global name 'CACERT' is not defined

So, can someone give me some advice about where else it may be reading the
certificate from, or how I can do things "the proper way" for IPA?

Thanks!