Re: [Freeipa-users] Invalid Credentials error on migrate-ds

On 01/24/2011 08:57 PM, Jeff B wrote:
I might of missed this yesterday,  is it trying to bind to the apple
as Directory Manager?  I thought that was for FreeIPA but now I'm not
sure.  I was intending to have it do an anonymous bind to the apple.

If so I guess that would explain it.

Yes, "cn=Directory Manager" against Apple DS. Anonymous bind wouldn't work, because during migration, you need to read LDAP attributes that store user passwords. Those are usually not readable anonymously.

	Jakub