[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA for Linux desktop deployment

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 14:13:04 UTC 2011

On 07/26/2011 03:56 PM, nasir nasir wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> In my case things are getting worse after the
>> configuration change. Earlier the issue used to pops up once
>> in a day or so. But now it is recurring in  every hour
>> or so.  So I have reverted that parameter.
>> May I ask you if you send reload (rndc reload or kill -HUP)
>> or stop
>> command to named right before it dies, please? Or you don't
>> send any
>> signals or rndc commands. Thanks.
>>
>> Regards, Adam
> I had done this while I had noticed this crash in the beginning and didn't know what impact it had on this. Do you want me to try anything now ? Also, if you want I can afford downtime now. Please let me know.
I just created the patch which should solve this issue, it is located on
http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/bind97-rh725577.patch (note this is
patch for bind, not for the bind-dyndb-ldap plugin)

I also created patched source rpms for RHEL-6 and Fedora 15:
el6:
http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/bind-9.7.3-2.el6_1.P3.2.1.rh725577.src.rpm
fc15: http://people.redhat.com/atkac/bind/bind-9.8.0-7.P4.fc15.1.src.rpm

Please test if patched version solves this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Adam