[Freeipa-users] New user first login behaviour (Fedora 15)

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 12:26:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 04:20 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hmmm......I can login to the workstation via ssh using the ipa
> password for thing....but no home directory has been created...

You need to configure pam_mkhomedir if you want that done.

We cannot do that from ipa-client-install because we have no data on how
you are going to set up your home directories. We have no idea if you
want local ones or if you are going to setup a NFS mountpoint on /home
or if you are going to use automonut/autofs or whatever .

You can run the authconfig gui (or CLI) and select the option of
creating home directories at login if they are not available yet.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York