[Freeipa-users] Connecting Ubuntu to IPA - one last important step!

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Thu Jun 9 17:38:42 UTC 2011

Sorry, forgot one last, very important thing. Use ipa-getkeytab on a IPA
server to retrieve the keytab for the host, and copy this to
/etc/krb5.keytab on the Ubuntu client.

[root at ipa1 ~]# ipa-getkeytab -s ipa1.ix.test.com -p
host/ubuntu-client.ix.test.com -k /tmp/buntuclient_krb5.keytab

If you prefer you can use something like CFengine to automate the whole
process.

Rgds,
Siggi.