Re: [Freeipa-users] Disable ldap dns lookup in freeipa?

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 14:54 -0500, Stamper, Brian P. (ARC-D)[Logyx LLC]
wrote:

> Ok, that’s perfect for testing.  But when I’m actually using ipa, does
> it do this SRV lookup?  With —server specificed, ipa-finduser takes
> between .5 and .85 seconds, which is great.

The reason for this is so that ipa can auto-detect which server is
available or least-loaded. With the DNS-based SRV records, it can easily
load-balance between replicas. If you're not using replicas and DNS, you
should use the --server option.