[Freeipa-users] extracting info and injecting info

At a high level, I just need an idea how this will/could work....

We have a centralised provisioning system that (eventually) we need to talk to IPA.   So the sort of things I need to extract are the available user groups and hosts and that then would be displayed in the IdM system. At that point  the user admin would create the user and select the groups and hosts the user can interact with...how does the external program query IPA? langauge? etc ? and then inject user info?

regards