[Freeipa-users] DNS zone transfers

Loris Santamaria loris at lgs.com.ve
Thu Jun 16 15:01:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I would like to use my freeIPA v2 server as my master name server and
have other normal (non ldap based) bind servers as caching / secondary
name servers. Ideally the clients would query only the secondary servers
and the secondary name servers would perform regular zone transfers from
the master server.

So I'm trying to setup zone transfer in my IPA based name server. First
of all I see that the attribute "idnsAllowTransfer" referenced in the
bind-dyndb-ldap documentation is not really supported in the schema
installed in IPA. Next, using a global "allow-transfer" in named.conf
doesn't work also.

Are zone transfer supported with bind-dyndb-ldap? Am I doing something
wrong?

Thanks
Loris Santamaria   linux user #70506   xmpp:loris at lgs.com.ve
Links Global Services, C.A.            http://www.lgs.com.ve