[Freeipa-users] syncing custom attributes from AD

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 16:13:27 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 07:24 AM, Attila Bogár wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'd like to sync extra attributes from AD -> FreeIPA.
> These are namely: employeeNumber and employeeType.
>
> The following .ldif is always adding value unknown instead of syncing
> the value in AD.
> -- 8< --
> dn: cn=ipa-winsync,cn=plugins,cn=config
> changetype: modify
> add: ipaWinSyncUserAttr
> ipaWinSyncUserAttr: employeeType unknown
> -- 8< --
>
> I'd like to use the value unknown if no such employeeType is defined
> in AD.
>
> What's the correct form for ipaWinSyncUserAttr?
You have it correct.  Looking at the code, it is supposed to work as you
expect.  Looks like it may be a bug.  Can you enable REPL and PLUGIN
error logging level and reproduce the problem?  I would like to see the
errors log.  See
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting for more
information.