Re: [Freeipa-users] Custom Fields on UI

On 06/23/2011 08:35 AM, Attila Bogár wrote:
Hi,

When I apply the following ldif, the custom fields are not appearing on the web interface (ipa restart doesn't help).

-- 8< --
dn: cn=ipaConfig,cn=etc,dc=linguamatics,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: ipaCustomFields
ipaCustomFields: "Employee Type,employeeType,false$Employee Number,employeeNumber,false"
-- 8< --

I'm wondering if this is the correct behaviour and I have to modify some web ui related distro files a'la
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2009-June/msg00049.html

Thanks,
  Attila
There are a lot of things in the Directory Server schema that we don't show in the UI. This is a deliberate decision, and comparable to what we've done with explicit attributes in the CLI.

If you want customer fields in the UI, there are three steps.

1.  Add it to the schema.  You've done that.
2. Add it to the CLI. For this one, you want to modify /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/plugins/user.py. 3. Add an entry into the Javascript for the webui. /usr/share/ipa/ui/user.js

For employee number, you probably want to make it an integer data type in user.py. For employee type, you probably want to use IPA.select_widget to constrain the potential values.