[Freeipa-users] sssd v "other" methods

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 22:26:35 UTC 2011

On 06/23/2011 06:08 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didnt really mean point sssd at something else besides IPA, but where any other "package" can do what sssd and HBAC can achieve....
>
> In a way I'm looking to justify why we buy IPA as opposed to connecting directly to AD or using something like Likewise.

I do not get the question.
If you considering Likewise it will extend the AD access controls to the
client.
It is up to you to compare all the technical and non technical benefits
of either approach.

Unfortunately we can't help you with any white papers containing
comparisons of the alternatives or pricing for IPA at the moment.
But we will be very interested to hear your opinion why it is worth or
not worth to use IPA + SSSD vs AD + Likewise.