[Freeipa-users] Announcing FreeIPA v2 Server Release Candidate 2 Release

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 22:31:04 UTC 2011

Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes Ive now figured it out....the KVM software seems to spit the dummy
> every day or so and simply stop forwarding / returning dns requests....
>
> I have uninstalled rc1 and installed rc2 but its still dying with the
> previous msgs....so it wont survive a reboot, but kinit admin etc works
> fine before the reboot....
>
> ===========
> [root at fed14-64-ipam001 init.d]# /usr/sbin/ipactl start
> Starting Directory Service
> Starting dirsrv:
>      IPA-AC-NZ...                                           [  OK  ]
>      PKI-IPA...                                             [  OK  ]
> Error retrieving list of services {'matched':
> 'cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=ac,dc=nz', 'desc': 'No such object'}
> Is IPA installed?
> Failed to read data from Directory Service
> Shutting down
> Shutting down dirsrv:
>      IPA-AC-NZ...                                           [  OK  ]
>      PKI-IPA...                                             [  OK  ]
> [root at fed14-64-ipam001 init.d]#

I think it is a mismatch between what we've stored as the hostname and
the hostname of the machine.

Can you look at the output of these commands and see if the hostname is
the same between them all?

$ ldapsearch -x -s one -b cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=ac,dc=nz dn
$ hostname
$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network (there should be only one HOSTNAME)

thanks

rob