[Freeipa-users] Unable to authenticate a client user against IPA

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 07:24:26 UTC 2011

On 03/04/2011 02:35 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks, I think there maybe a dependency missing for the yum install of
> the client....when I go to the system-auth, ipa is there as an option
> but its missing a .so in nss-pam-ldapd and asks for it to be installed,
> the dependency off that is nscd and pam_ldap....
>
> Hopefully this will work....I am dwnloading now.
>
> regards

May I suggest using SSSD instead of nss-pam-ldapd. Apart from caching
mechanism, it also enables client side of features such as HBAC or
dynamic DNS update. Also all the client installation bits such as
ipa-client-install default to using SSSD.

That said, if you opt for nss-pam-ldapd, it should work, too..