[Freeipa-users] Unable to authenticate a client user against IPA

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Mar 8 19:30:19 UTC 2011

8><-----

> > getent passwd "user" however only returns one line, not the two I should
> > expect?
>
> Why do you expect two lines? It should only return one, for that user.
>

> > It also returns very fast....like its not even looking remotely.
>
> Is the user in /etc/passwd too?

When I tried to get FDS going a few years ago getent used to return 2,
the local one and the ldap one, hence two lines....if it was
working.....

I guess the ipa manual is lacking somewhat in that it says run these
commands, but doesnt say what the expected output is or looks like, so
how am I meant to know if its right or wrong? like duh.....

regards