[Freeipa-users] NIS/local files to IPA migration

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Mon Mar 28 13:01:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, March 28, 2011 14:31, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 03/27/2011 06:14 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I have written some scripts for migration from NIS/local files to IPA.
>> They will import the passwd, group, netgroup, and hosts  maps.
>>

>> This is the first version, be aware of bugs. :)
>>

>> Please read the README file before using.
>>

>> You can download them from here if you are interested:
>> http://www.nixtra.com/ipa/NIS-TO-IPA-current.php
>>

> Thank you for the contribution!
> I see that it is under GPL v2. Would you mind relicensing it under GPL v3?
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
>

> Would you be interested in these scripts being incorporated into the
> project source? Rob, can you please take a look into this? Should we consider rewriting
> them in Python and incorporating into the main tool set or leave and use as is?

Sure I can relicense to GPL v3. All I care about is the scripts staying open and free to use. :)

You can include as a part of IPA if you would like. I was planning to re-write them all into perl,
as my initial efforts to write them in bash for maximum portability didn't work out, and the
netgroup and hosts import scripts ended up written in perl.

I cannot help re-writing to python, I don't know the language.

Rgds,
Siggi