[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 2 on F14/RHEl 6.1

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Mar 28 22:25:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks close enough....

regards

From: freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com [freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com] on behalf of Dmitri Pal [dpal at redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 29 March 2011 11:15 a.m.
To: freeipa-users at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 2 on F14/RHEl 6.1

On 03/28/2011 05:30 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I see IPA 2.0 is F15.....uh.....
>
> Is free-ipa 2.0 going to be put into RHEL6.1?  ie Im assuming that F14 will become 6.1? sometime in the next few months?
>
> Or should I assume that since ipa2.0 is in F15 only we wont see anything vaguely usable  til 6.2 sometime near the end of the year?
>
> The reason for this is I want to spend the next few months learning IPA  and deploy it to limited selected users as a POC (proof of concept) so Im assuming it will be available in 6.1 with a full capability in 6.2...is this a correct assumption?

You assumption is correct. IPA is planned for 6.1 as tech preview in the
same shape as FreeIPA v2.
We will be working on 2.1 for several months now.
It will be a stabilization release. See the trak instance for the list
of the issues we plan to address.
The intent is to have 2.1 or core parts of it ported to RHEL and
released as fully supported version in 6.2.

So I guess you do not need to delay or abandon your plans.

Hope this helps.
>   So to do this I have to put together a huge virtualised test bed of NAS, SAN, clients and shiboleth type stuff to test our systems that's a lot of work to re-do.
>
> So should I abandon ipa on F14 and go to F15? and then delay things until the end of the year? or next year?  what is the roadmap pls?
>
> regards

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,