[Freeipa-users] Auto membership plugin

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 20:34:12 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 02:23 PM, Nathan Kinder wrote:
> On 03/30/2011 08:03 AM, Dmitri Pal wrote:

>>> I'm not sure.  Is there a use case for it?
>>> Where exactly are you thinking that they need to be escaped? Why do
>>> you think they might need to be escaped?
>> Wild cards and regular expression might have special symbols like "="
>> "\" slashes etc.
>> If we decode to support AND it would probably be solved by concatenating
>> multiple attr=regex pairs in one attribute. I am concerned it will be a
>> challenge to parse.
> We use libpcre elsewhere in 389 to allow regular expressions to be
> used.  We actually have a public regular expression API within SLAPI
> (the slapi_re_* functions).  We would leverage these functions in this
> plug-in.  The SASL mapping code already uses these for something
> similar, so there is not a new problem to solve here.

I am not worried about you, I am worried that we will have to parse it
in the python code and may be Javascript in ­CLI.
Hope we can create an abstraction on the management plugin side that
will do the trick and hide it from actual UI and client part of CLI.
But anyways this means two different parsers - internal in the DS plugin
and external in the management plugin.