[Freeipa-users] IPA Client join

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Mar 31 23:21:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Just a note...on compatibility....yes I know IPA isnt fit yet but.......

If your POC environment is Vmware based F14 isnt supported for vmtools and you cant install vmware tools either it barfs at kernel detection, not good.

So, if I want to do freeIPA I have to run F14 on RHEL6.0 as KVMs and connect to VMWare ESXi with ethernet cables....then I have to have RHEL6 on real hardware as well running virtual box so I can run a virtualised copy of my Sun 7410 array (NB  you cant run virtual box on rhel6 with kvm at the same time) and there is no vmware or kvm image for the sun array software and I have to make this all work.....its goddam painful....you should see my desk.....a spider would feel happy....

:/

It will be really nice when there are some binary IPA rpms for RHEL 6.x, trying to / accidently restricting stuff just hurts.

:(

regards

Steven