[Freeipa-users] 4202 error no modifications can be performed

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue May 24 19:17:42 UTC 2011

Try a Dumb Hack:  modify a filed, any field, and hit update.

There are known issues with the "has a field changed"  test that we are
working on fixing.  It gets tripped up on a few issues.  One used to be
that we were trimming fields, so that white space was changed, but then
the field didn't indicate it had changed.

If you see this problem in the future, you might have to reset the web
app. You can usually do this by clicking on the IPA icon in the top
left.  Closing the browser and reopening it would work as well.  If you
still see it after doing that, it means that we have a different bug.

You can get the raw values for the ipa user show using CURL.

  curl -v           -H "Content-Type:application/json"         -H
"Accept:applicaton/json"         --negotiate -u :          --cacert
/etc/ipa/ca.crt           -d
'{"method":"user_show","params":[["admin"],{}],"id":0}'          -X
POST       https://`hostname`/ipa/json

And post the output, that might shed some light on it.