[Freeipa-users] Migration from FreeIPA 1.2.1 to 2

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Thu May 26 20:19:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

The school has had its own kerberos-ldap for a decade but its a one off they are cumputer science so have "rocket scientists" to run it....its not what we want to use as we need to consider "normal" user and windows admins who need to be able to use a solution...

Its good to know the kerberos linking up would work....another plus for IPA....because its probable that this will be a requirement further along, but if I have to look for something with all the bells and whistles its 100s of K and a long time to put it in, and huge opex costs....and TCO wise I dont see it as worthwhile (think oracle Identity).....hence something low cost that does 90% of what we need ie the real core functionality is the only sane / cost effective way IMHO.

regards