[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA on CentOS 5.6

Boris Epstein borepstein at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 18:41:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 12:50 -0500, Boris Epstein wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am an absolute beginner here... So... I have a machine that only has
>> 512 MB of RAM which is too small to house Fedora. So that machine is
>> running CentOS 5.6. And now I want to install FreeIPA on it. Has
>> anybody done it? If so, how have you done it?
>
> I would advice against installing IPA on a machine so starved of RAM
> except for test purposes and small database sizes.
>
> Simo.
>
> --
> Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York

Simo,

I agree with your advice. But yes, we are a small group, and even if
every user login stalls by a second - well, so be if for now.

How do you do that - that's the question? So far I have succeeded in
neither finding the correct RPM, nor building the source from scratch.
The build process breaks as follows:

checking for nss3/nss.h... yes
checking dirsrv/slapi-plugin.h usability... no
checking dirsrv/slapi-plugin.h presence... no
checking for dirsrv/slapi-plugin.h... no
configure: error: Required DS slapi plugin header not available
(fedora-ds-base-devel)
make: *** [bootstrap-autogen] Error 1
[administrator at dellfluor freeipa-1.2.2]$

Any idea how to overcome this?

Thanks.

Boris.