[Freeipa-users] Reinstalling a host without deleting

Dan Scott danieljamesscott at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:40:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is there a 'nice' way to reinstall a host? i.e. The host has already
been installed in FreeIPA and for whatever reason I need to reinstall
the OS, so I have a clean system and the host is already enrolled on
the server.

ipa-client-install fails with "Host already enrolled" and I have to
connect to an enrolled client, remove the host, and then return to
install the client.

Would it be possible to have a '--reinstall' option to
ipa-client-install? It wouldn't have to add the host into IPA, just
configure the files and get the keytab.

Looking at the manpage, maybe I'm just looking for the --force option
to force the config files, and ipa-getkeytab. Is there anything else I
need to do?

Thanks,

Dan