[Freeipa-users] Scientific Linux 6.1 client issues

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 19:50:13 UTC 2011

Stack Kororā wrote:
> Quick update.
>
> Just to be thorough and complete as possible, I just tried to pass a ton
> of information into ipa-client-install as I could. I also verified that
> I could access the webserver and ntp server from the dev client box.
>
> # ipa-client-install --realm=BLARG.LOCAL --server=ipa.blarg.local
> --domain=blarg.local --mkhomedir --hostname=dev.blarg.local
> --enable-dns-updates --ntp-server=ipa.blarg.local --principal=admin
>
> Discovery was successful!
> Hostname: dev.blarg.local
> Realm: BLARG.LOCAL
> DNS Domain: blarg.local
> IPA Server: ipa.blarg.local
> BaseDN: dc=blarg,dc=local
>
> Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]: yes
> Password for admin at BLARG.LOCAL:
>
> kinit: Cannot resolve network address for KDC in realm "BLARG.LOCAL"
> while getting initial credentials.
>

> Hrmm.....Stuck again. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Stack~

You don't say what version of freeipa you are using but we fixed a
similar sounding problem earlier this spring. Try adding --force to the
command-line as an outside chance of working.

Building 2.1.3 from source is going to require the same set of
dependencies as building from the src.rpm. Note though that upstream
development of freeipa is done in Fedora, not RHEL.

regards

rob