[Freeipa-users] routing requests to local servers

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 20:28:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 01:04:55PM -0700, Brian Cook wrote:
>    Ideally I would rely on a -group- of servers, and then rely on DNS if it
>    is down.  I don't want to hammer one server.  We're talking about 500-1000
>    servers running virtual machines, so potentially a lot of traffic.  Got
>    any suggestions for that?

Hello Brian,

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying
to spread the client load among replicas? If so, then I think the SRV
records in DNS are really the best answer. You can organize the servers
in "tiers" by using the priority field and then spread the load in a
tier by using the "weight" field.