[Freeipa-users] New FreeIPA Install; Testing for Proof of Concept

Rob Ogilvie rob at axpr.net
Wed Aug 8 18:23:07 UTC 2012

So here's my plan, then... let me know if it seems like it'll make sense?

-I'm going to uninstall everything IPA from the IPA server
(ovm-auth.mycompany.com) after I unregister the client machines.

-I'm going to set up the IPA server with a new realm;
UNIX.MYCOMPANY.COM (do I need to have our DNS folks put an SRV record
up there for that?  If so, what?)

-I'm going to try registering testserver.mycompany.com server as part
of the UNIX.MYCOMPANY.COM realm.

Sound reasonable and/or sane?  :-)

Rob