[Freeipa-users] Active Directory slave zone in FreeIPA DNS

Franklin Catoni franklinbc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:39:34 UTC 2012

Greetings community.

I do not speak English so I will do my best.

I have two environments in my company, a domain "ejemplo.com" with Windows
Active Directory running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 and
domain  "ejemplo.gob.ve" with FreeIPA v2.2. mounted on Centos 6.3 x64.
 This is because we are in the middle of a platform migration process (a
very slow process) from proprietary solutions to open source.

DNS and DHCP service for my two environments is offered by the server
Centos 6.3 which is mounted FreeIPA directory, clients are Windows
computers Active Directory domain and linux computers in the domain Ipa.

Currently the zone "ejemplo.gob.ve" is administered by the FreeIPA DNS
using the plugin (bind-dyndb-ldap.x86_64 v1.1.0) and I configure a slave
zone using bind (bind-9.8.2-0.10.rc1.el6_3.2 . x86_64) for the domain "
ejemplo.com" Active Directory

Name resolution works perfectly for both Linux and Windows clients.

Now here comes the tricky part

In order to find a more centralized management of my services, I try to
configure a slave zone to Active Directory through FreeIPA with dyndb
bind-plugin-ldap and so to eliminate configuration through bind, but the
transfers zone does not work, causing this many problems on both platforms.

The log shows me the following error:

ServidorIPA named[3706]: zone ejemplo.com/IN/local: zone serial
(2012081801) unchanged. zone may fail to transfer to slaves

I've spent enough time looking at Super Google information that can help me
but it has not been easy, because it seems to be a rare situation.

I ask. You can set this up under these circumstances?
Someone has accomplished?
Some information that horiente me to get a solution?

Thanks for your time.