[Freeipa-users] Specifying load balancing to SSSD clients

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 07:39:34 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Thanks Simo,
>
> I was hoping for an alternative to the DNS _srv_ records due to the
> Windows guys having exclusive use of those records (for now).
>
> Is it feasible for IPA communications to be "force" round robined
> between two or more servers that are replicas of each other?  If it's
> possibility, I will raise a ticket.

The easiest solution for now is to configure your clients by using the primary and backup options in SSSD, and just configure clients to have different orders, so that they will attach to separate servers by default.

Ie client 1 has primary serves of "ipa1, ipa2", while client 2 has "ipa2, ipa1", and so on.

Without control of name resolution on the server side at the moment we do not have other ways to do load balancing.

Simo.