[Freeipa-users] sudden ipa errors.

Nathan Lager lagern at lafayette.edu
Wed Aug 22 17:50:16 UTC 2012

I have a RHEL ipa server setup and running.  Its been running for a
while now, and suddenly, today, i'm having trouble authenticating to
it, or changing my password.

The error i'm getting at the command line is:

[lagern at ipaserver PROD ~]$ ipa passwd
Current Password:
New Password:
Enter New Password again to verify:
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to
u'http://ipaserver.lafayette.edu/ipa/xml': Internal Server Error

Looking at /var/log/httpd/error and access logs i see:

[Wed Aug 22 13:18:07 2012] [error] [client <client ip)]
gss_acquire_cred() failed: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may
provide more information (, Unknown error), referer:
https://ipaserver.lafayette.edu/ipa/xml

I'm wading through google at the moment, to see if i can find a fix,
but i'm coming up empty.