[Freeipa-users] Desperate help requested.

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 04:05:59 UTC 2012

I've just been informed by my boss's boss's boss that, and I quote
from his ridiculous email:

"we cannot use anything other than MS AD for authentication"

I've spent months of time and much effort rolling out IPA,
consolidating authentication across our Linux and AIX machines.  To
paraphrase Babbage: I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a statement.

Regardless, I need some help.  I need some help with comparisons
between FreeIPA and AD, and the problems and issues one might
encounter when trying to authenticate Unix machines against AD.
Anything that can show IPA being superior to AD for *nix
authentication.  Anything at all.  We have a similar number of AIX and
Linux servers.  We have a week before we have a meeting to discuss
this, and I'd like to be armed to the teeth, if at all possible.

Thanks for any help you can give.  And wish me luck.

Thanks,

--Jason

--
The government is going to read our mail anyway, might as well make it
tough for them.  GPG Public key ID:  B6A1A7C6