[Freeipa-users] Question about migration and scripts variables

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Mon Aug 27 07:53:00 UTC 2012

On 08/17/2012 10:55 PM, James James wrote:
> my second question is about ipalib. I wanted to make a hook on the user
> creation. The hook works fine. I just want to know if there is a way to have
> the value of variables like the username, the name of the creator, the e-mail
> of the creator and stuff like that.

If you want to simply store name of entry creator, then you can use
operational attributes creatorsName, createTimestamp, modifiersName and
modifyTimestamp. You don't need to code anything new.

For example:
$ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b idnsname=e.org,cn=dns,dc=e,dc=org createTimestamp
creatorsName

... will print:

# txt2, e.org, dns, e.org
dn: idnsName=txt2,idnsName=e.org,cn=dns,dc=e,dc=org
createTimestamp: 20120810114214Z
creatorsName: cn=directory manager

--
Petr^2 Spacek