[Freeipa-users] SELinux user mapping

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:54:12 UTC 2012

I am hoping I haven't missed something here, but it appears that the
SELinux user mapping portion is not working for me. This is tested on a
RHEL 6.3 client and server.

The rule I have:

  Rule name: Developers staff_U
  SELinux User: staff_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023
allowing them to run sudo.
  Enabled: TRUE
  User Groups: developers
  Host Groups: developer_systems

What this rule seems to say, at least to me, is members of the
developers groups, on a system in the developer_systems group, should be
mapped to staff_u.

However when logging in as a test user that is a member of that group,
on a member host of the developer_systems group, id -Z lists the user as
unconfined: unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023

Is there some modification to the sssd config that needs to be made, or
possibly something in PAM?

Thanks,

-Erinn