[Freeipa-users] Compiling and deploying ipa-pwd-extop in a 389DS

Juan Asensio Sánchez okelet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 08:53:24 UTC 2012

Hi all

First, I am not using FreeIPA, just 389 Directory Server; we have a
large installation and we can not (now) migrate the entire service.
But I would like to use free ipa-pwd-extop plugin to auto-generate the
Samba equivalent passwords (not Kerberos). Is the plugin ready to be
deployed in a non-IPA installation? Is there any documentation about
how to compile and configure it (plugin arguments in the
cn=ipapwd-extop,cn=pluins,cn=config)?

We are using 389DS 1.2.5 in CentOS 5.5 i386.

Regards and thanks in advance.