[Freeipa-users] sssd cache

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:20:40 UTC 2012

hi,

why would I want sssd to cache group/hostgroup/netgroup membership?

Is the performance hit so huge on the ldap servers?

I ask this because Windows admins are used to apply membership of
groups to objects and the changes in a single site domain (or even in
a multisite domain with fast wan links) are replicated very fast, it
is nearly instantanous. So for those admins, having to wait x minutes
for the sssd cache to expire is, to put it mildly, strange.

What are the consequences of disabling the cache with an entry like this:

entry_cache_timeout = 0

in sssd.conf?

Thanks in advance for your input.

--