[Freeipa-users] Certificate serial number not found error

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:22:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

When trying to view a particular service (or the related host) I'm getting
the following error in the UI:

IPA Error 4301
Certificate operation cannot be completed: EXCEPTION (Certificate serial
number 0xffe000c not found)

Now I've seen similar issue in the past when replication has played up and
then using ipa-csmanage-replica and forcing syncs (or finding the system
the certificate is registered on and deleting it there) has cleared it up...

Unfortunately I suspect this was on an old replica which no longer exists
given the error occurs on either of the pair I now have for this host and
service...

Given there's no 'ignore warning and remove what you can' so far as I can
see I suspect I'm going to have to delve into LDAP to unravel the mess but
does anyone know the relevant areas in both 389 servers to do this as
safely as possible and reduce the risk in doing so as much as possible?

Regards,

James