[Freeipa-users] login with kerberos on a webserver, just like with the ipa interface.

Han Boetes hboetes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:38:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I followed http://freeipa.org/page/Apache_SNI_With_Kerberos to enable login
in to a webserver with kerberos tickets. I followed everything to the
letter and all looks well.

I can log in with a username and password, but when I set the httpd.conf
entry to

  KrbMethodK5Passwd off

I can't log in. What works great with the ipa admin interface does not work
with this recipe.

I even compared it to /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa.conf and added the
 KrbAuthRealms setting but to no avail.

Adding   KrbConstrainedDelegation on does not work alas. Although I am
using centos 6.3

I checked the http logfiles and the /var/log/krb5kdc.log, everything else
on that host works fine. I can log in without a password and sudo -s works
like it should.

Please help me debugging this issue. What am I missing?

# Han