[Freeipa-users] passsync ssl help?

Nate Marks npmarks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 19:19:57 UTC 2012

I've got a default freeipa installation.  account sync is working great.
passsync makes me sad.
here are the passsync settings:

hostname: <FQDN of the freeipa server>
port: 636
username: uid=passsync,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=<xxx>,dc=<xxx>
password: <password>
cert token :  tried it with and without the
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-instance/pwdfile.txt contents
serach base=cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=inframax,dc=ncare

I cheked the passsync acocunt/pass work with ldp  (not ssl) and it worked
fine.

it looks like  I correctly imported the cert  from my freeipa server   into
the db in program files\389 directory server

I just keep getting :
ldap bind error in connect
81: can't contact ldap server
can not connect to ldap server in syncpassowrds

I'd really appreciate some help.
I've also disabled UAC.