[Freeipa-users] Does Solaris 11 work as client to IPA server?

Johan Petersson Johan.Petersson at sscspace.com
Fri Dec 28 12:40:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am getting these messages in my log when setting all instances of pam_krb5.so.1 debug in /etc/pam.d/other, /etc/pam.d/login:

Dec 28 12:59:12 solaris.example.com su: [ID 737709 auth.error] unable to open connection to ADMIN server (t_error 13)
Dec 28 12:59:12 solaris2.example.com su: [ID 436431 auth.error] PAM-KRB5-AUTOMIGRATE (auth): Error while doing kadm5_init_with_skey: Communication failure with server

If i disable the firewall on my IPA Server everything works as fast as it should so clearly a firewall issue with iptables.
However, i have all the ports enabled and Red Hat clients works with the firewall on.
Clearly Solaris is using some secret other port(s) that is not mentioned.
I have tried with 749 and 750 tcp and udp with no difference.

Regards,
Johan.