[Freeipa-users] Added user password expire fails change

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 16:36:15 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 11:03 AM, Nigel Sollars wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the server up, a FC system enrolled as a client and the WebUI
> available.  When I create a user ( set the password ), kadmin.local
> always shows the password expired.  When trying to login as the IPA
> user it asks for me to change the password this fail with

Hi Nigel,

How do you set the password?
Are you using ipa passwd command or IPA UI?
kadmin.local should not be used with IPA. IPA porvides other means to
access the information about user accounts.
Most preferable are "ipa ..." set of commands and IPA UI but you can
also see a lot via a plain ldapsearch command.

Thanks
Dmitri

> Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting initial
> credentials
>
> ( even using kinit on my ipaserver )
>
> I have looked at several pages to solve this one but to no avail,  the
> admin account works flawlessly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I am using the latest and greatest from FC 16 as my IPA Server, (
> 2.1.4 iirc ),
>
> Again thanks in advance
>
> Nige
>
> --
> “Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.”
>
> Alan Turing

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IPA project,