[Freeipa-users] ipa-getkeytab during %post

JR Aquino JR.Aquino at citrix.com
Wed Feb 8 15:33:36 UTC 2012

If you are really trying to go the route of using the password, the best way to accomplish that is to procedurally ADD the host ahead of time with the -random flag to generate a one-time-pass.  Then insert that 1 time password dynamically into the kickstart script.

If you want to approach the problem from a technical side and not procedural... I don't suppose you have Puppet ?

You can utilize puppet to deploy a 'host provisioning' keytab that you then kinit -kt before issuing the other commands that require authentication. When it is finished, delete the keytab.

The problem with authentication and complete hands off automation is that you always have to whittle it down to an area of acceptable risk with lots of compensating controls and logging.