[Freeipa-users] Replacing the primary IPA server

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Mon Feb 13 20:37:34 UTC 2012

On 02/13/2012 08:55 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 20:43 +0100, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:

>>> It depends on what type of CA installation you have. Did you install
>>> with dogtag or with a selfsign CA?
>>>
>>> rob
>>>
>> Dogtag
> If you installed the CA on more than one replica, then you can remove
> the first master, all the info is replicated on the other replicas that
> have a clone of the CA. Note that the CA is not replicated by default
> see the --setup-ca option or ipa-ca-install

Excellent. Yes, I've used --setup-ca when I created the replicas. :)

What if I have 3 IPA servers. 2 being replicated off the first master.
The master is re-installed and re-setup using ipa-replica-install from
one of the 2 other IPA servers.

Will not the 3rd server be left without a sync agreement? Does the 3rd
server need to be manually added back in with a sync agreement?

Rgds,
Siggi