[Freeipa-users] named exits

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Tue Feb 21 18:57:22 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 07:26 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Jimmy wrote:
>> This has happened a couple times in the past few weeks and I thought it
>> was an admin error before, but looking at /var/log/messages the named
>> daemon does something every evening after 10pm local time(3am UTC.) As
>> you see in this log clip DNS reloads at 03:34UTC on 2/19-
>>
>> Feb 19 03:34:01 csp-idm named[20761]: received control channel command
>> 'reload'
>> Feb 19 03:34:01 csp-idm named[20761]: loading configuration from
>> '/etc/named.conf'
>>
>> But then on 2/20 the reload doesn't happen, it exits.
>>
>> Feb 20 03:48:01 csp-idm systemd[1]: named.service: control process
>> exited, code=exited status=1
>>
>> I don't see any reference to named in other log files. Where else should
>> I look to debug this issue?
>> Thanks
>
> Hmm, abrt, dmesg or /var/log/messages to see if it dropped core?
>
> What version of bind and bind-dyndb-ldap do you have installed?

I have the exact same issue, around the same time at night, and only on
Monday mornings. But at only 1 out 3 IPA servers in the domain! All 3
servers has been kickstarted with the exact same configuration, and just
run ipa-server-install, and ipa-replica-install.

Our versions are the ones shipped with RHEL 6.2.

I have installed 3 different IPA domains, with 3, 3, and 2 servers in
each domain. I have only seen this issue on one of the installations.

I have an open request with Red Hat support for the issue I've encountered.

Regards,
Siggi