[Freeipa-users] Feature request

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 18:43:04 UTC 2012

Dan Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an idea for a new feature. I've been having a lot of problems
> with replication recently and I think the following would be useful.
>
> Can we show the replication status of the masters/replicas? And also
> show whether they contain a CA?
>
> Something like:
>
> ipa-replica-manage -v list
>
> server1.example.com: master,CA [Up-to-date]
> server2.example.com: master,CA  [Not replicating!]
> server3.example.com: master  [Up-to-date]

Add a server name to the end of that command and you'll get the status:

# ipa-replica-manage list -v rawhide.greyoak.com
Directory Manager password:

pony.greyoak.com: replica
   last init status: None
   last init ended: None
   last update status: 0 Replica acquired successfully: Incremental
update succeeded
   last update ended: 2012-02-24 18:12:59+00:00
win2003.greyoak.com: replica
   last init status: 0 Total update succeeded
   last init ended: 2012-02-24 18:07:26+00:00
   last update status: 0 Replica acquired successfully: Incremental
update succeeded
   last update ended: 2012-02-24 18:37:25+00:00

> Some of the recent updates to IPA have caused replication problems for
> me. The first that I know about it is when I start getting weird
> problems like inconsistent results from user lookups, etc. Or when
> users start complaining. This would be a useful way to get the overall
> status of my IPA servers.
>
> I would also like a related feature which would check the servers
> remotely to ensure that the required services are running. i.e. Test
> that I can get a kerberos ticket, perform an LDAP lookup, the CA is
> working, etc.

ipactl status will at least make sure the processes are running. Only
works on the local box though.

I filed RFE https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2443 for the rest.

regards

rob