[Freeipa-users] anonymous bind + ipa-install-client failure

Benjamin Reed ranger at opennms.org
Sat Jan 7 20:06:15 UTC 2012

On 1/7/12 1:52 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> At this point, I will do whatever is the fastest way to get things back
online. I do want to keep my user schema if possible, even if I have to
make them reset their passwords. Is it possible to recover that if I
just blow my config away and start fresh?

I gave up, I ipa-server-install --uninstall'd.

Then I reran the install:

Applying LDAP updates
Restarting IPA to initialize updates before performing deletes:
  [1/2]: stopping directory server
  [2/2]: starting directory server
done configuring dirsrv.
Restarting the directory server
Restarting the KDC
Restarting the web server
Sample zone file for bind has been created in /tmp/sample.zone._TBKwb.db
Configuration of client side components failed!
ipa-client-install returned: Command '/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install
--on-master --unattended --domain opennms.com --server
connect.opennms.com --realm OPENNMS.COM --hostname connect.opennms.com'
returned non-zero exit status 1

I tried running the client install from another machine, and it agrees.
What's going wrong here?  How do I fix this?  Did the uninstall fail to
clean something out, so now the new install is corrupt in some way?

--
Benjamin Reed
The OpenNMS Group