[Freeipa-users] anonymous bind + ipa-install-client failure

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Sat Jan 7 22:22:03 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-01-07 at 15:06 -0500, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> On 1/7/12 1:52 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> > At this point, I will do whatever is the fastest way to get things
> back online. I do want to keep my user schema if possible, even if I
> have to make them reset their passwords. Is it possible to recover
> that if I just blow my config away and start fresh?
>
> I gave up, I ipa-server-install --uninstall'd.
>
> Then I reran the install:
>
> Applying LDAP updates
> Restarting IPA to initialize updates before performing deletes:
>   [1/2]: stopping directory server
>   [2/2]: starting directory server
> done configuring dirsrv.
> Restarting the directory server
> Restarting the KDC
> Restarting the web server
> Sample zone file for bind has been created
> in /tmp/sample.zone._TBKwb.db
> Configuration of client side components failed!
> ipa-client-install returned: Command '/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install
> --on-master --unattended --domain opennms.com --server
> connect.opennms.com --realm OPENNMS.COM --hostname
> connect.opennms.com' returned non-zero exit status 1
>

> I tried running the client install from another machine, and it
> agrees.  What's going wrong here?  How do I fix this?  Did the
> uninstall fail to clean something out, so now the new install is
> corrupt in some way?

Please send me your new ipaserver-install.log file.

Meanwhile can you check that dirsrv, krb5kdc and apache are runnig ? A
failed install may have left them down.
You can use 'service ipa status' and 'service ipa restart' to see if any
component is failing to start.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York