Re: [Freeipa-users] Forcing IPA clients to prioritise different IPA Servers

Thanks for the advice Stephen (and the quick response), obviously that won't help with load balanced comms during the installation process but it should keep it to a minimum afterwards.
Wouldn't a quick solution be the addition of a "--primary" flag to the ipa-client-install script? It could behave in the same way as the --server flag and be a substitute for it but it just forces all enrolment comms to be kept to the named server and reorders the ipa_server entry in sssd.conf from "ipa_server = __srv__, x.x.x.x" to "ipa_server = x.x.x.x, __srv__"
Would that be enough?
Regards
Charlie